Friday 19 February 2010

Don't Go Into Theatre.

This post is dedicated to Taran Maguire, who sadly is still with us. Our thoughts are with his family at this difficult time...

Don't go into theatre, kids. It's stressful, tiring and not worth the hassle.

Right, lads, let's have some video...

Yes, it was a great weekend for Michelle and her girls did really well, they had a great show. And the light and sound wern't too bad either. A bit of clarification, in that video I say that the desk and the computer "wern't talking to each other" and by this I do not mean that they'd had a bit of a fall out. I mean they electronically were not interfacing.

They hadn't had a little tiff in the car on the way to the venue.

And to be honest it did kinda hinder the smooth running of the day, we had to do a few bits of lighting off the cuff, which to watch was a little like me playing piano on the desk for the chase scenes....

Taz did the filming, and he was good to have around for the day. As was Liam Payne, who gave up his day to keep me calm and thinking technically, which he did well and I'm grateful for.

So now the show's over and I'm looking forward to the next one - Croft Players, 8th April onwards...
Looking good - I just happen to know the rig at Croft uses ancient Patt 123 fresnels, which are 165mm gel frames. Hey, guess what I don't have any of... Actually that reminds me, I should make a trip to Thomas Estley and retrieve my gels from their lights from the show - I did invoice them for them but they never got back to me...

In other news, the Winter Olympics are playing hell with my sleeping patterns...but Amy Williams is going for gold in the Skeleton tonight. And Curling is a fascinating sport.

I went out to take some pictures today. I was out ten minutes, and then me and Kenneth got caught in an absolute blizzard. I am no longer a fan of snow. I'd taken a grand total of 14 pictures... but I have bought a 3 stop ND filter!

Finally, yes, a rant. Live Eastenders tonight. WOO! No. Don't ever go near a theatre, you can;t act and I'll be stood centre stage waiting for you with a shotgun. Everyone's like "Oh, 17 million people watching, wow..."

Piss off. Lady Diana's funeral was watched live by 2.5 billion people worldwide, and she didn't bat an eyelid...

What? Too soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment